Welcome to the Electrum Documentation!¶
Electrum is a lightweight Bitcoin wallet.
GUI and beginners¶
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Electrum work?
- Does Electrum trust servers?
- What is the seed?
- How secure is the seed?
- I have forgotten my password. What can I do?
- My transaction has been unconfirmed for a long time. What can I do?
- What does it mean to “freeze” an address in Electrum?
- How is the wallet encrypted?
- Does Electrum support cold wallets?
- Can I import private keys from other Bitcoin clients?
- Can I sweep private keys from other Bitcoin clients?
- Where is my wallet file located?
- Can I do bulk payments with Electrum?
- Can Electrum create and sign raw transactions?
- Electrum freezes when I try to send bitcoins.
- What is the gap limit?
- How can I pre-generate new addresses?
- How do I upgrade Electrum?
- My anti-virus has flagged Electrum as malware! What now?
- Electrum requires recent Python. My Linux distribution does not yet have it. What now?
- Two Factor Authentication
- Multisig Wallets
- Cold Storage
- Hardware wallets on Linux
- Using the most current Electrum on Tails
- Command Line
- Using cold storage with the command line
- How to accept Bitcoin on a website using Electrum
- How to split your coins using Electrum in case of a fork
- Using Electrum Through Tor
- Verifying GPG signature of Electrum using Linux command line
- The Python Console
- Simple Payment Verification
- Electrum Seed Version System
- Electrum protocol specification
- Serialization of unsigned or partially signed transactions